The Taste of Jazz exhibitions are confirmed as the weekly appointment that brings young jazz artists from Northern Italy to the stage of Opificio – Cucina and Bottega: Satoyama, Pulsar Ensemble, Francesco Orio, The Paolo Fabbri Jazz Ensemble, Bang, Rhodes Project, Plot, LuPi, New Bross Jazz Gang, Paolo Botti, Andrea Grossi Trio, Damn! Organ Trio, CCQP, Loop Therapy, Gregor Kay, Andrea Bolzoni, World of Sound, The Bridge, Simone Quatrana Trio e My Eyes Wide Open.
NovaraJazz season goes on with its summer version in a month of concerts in over 80 events in Novara and along his district. NovaraJazz 2016 opens with the preview of the drummers Pasquale Liguori and Filippo Monico at Spazio Mega in Milan. The first weekend discovers the most beautiful places in Novara district with Taste of Jazz events and with the Rob Mazurek Land Of Spirals artistic residence at the Ethnographic Museum of Tornaco. The Italian premiere of Potsa Lotsa Plus, the Silke Eberhard project dedicated to the incomplete Love Suite by Eric Dolphy, and Melt Yourself Down, with their mixtures post-punk, dissonant funk and voodoo electricity, lead us into the main stage of Broletto in Novara. Enten Eller, one of the longest Italian ensembles, takes the stage of NovaraJazz 2016 together with the violinist Emanuele Parrini. Cristiano Calcagnile’s Multikulti plays a tribute to Don Cherry and the Fire! Orchestra of Mats Gustafsson enchants with a powerful sound experience.
Rob Mazurek and Barry Guy, a double bass player and composer who improvises his performance in the Galleria Giannoni art gallery in Novara, receive the NovaraJazz Golden Key of the 2016 edition.
NovaraJazz is not just concerts and is completed with a series of collateral activities: concerts with tasting of local food and wine products in the historic places of Novara and its district for the Taste of Jazz festival; the dj sets Dance NovaraJazz at Circolo dei Lettori with Soulful Torino & Chopin and Mister Tobs; the Emanuele Meschini photo exhibition Jazz is The New Black in Opificio and the Luca D’Agostino photo exhibition 30 Anni di Enten Eller, Omaggio d’Artista at Broletto; the editorial presentations in four meetings with authors who dealt with the theme of jazz in various facets (Guido Michelone, Raul Catalano, Franco Bergoglio and Enrico Bettinello); the vinyl fair Primavera Vinile; the two appointments I Giochi di Miles and Coloriamo la Musica dedicated to children and in collaboration with Libreria La Talpa dei Bambini; the StreetJazz third edition with more than 50 concerts along the streets of the center of Novara in collaboration with the main conservatories of Northern Italy.
NovaraJazz 2016 hosts the national assembly of I-Jazz members, the association that brings together thirty of the most important Italian jazz festivals, with a two-day meeting and comparison of great interest and importance.
- Antonio Zambrini con Roberto Gatto e Marco Micheli
- Francesco Chiapperini Extemporary Vision Ensemble – The Big Earth
- Jemeel Moondoc Quartet feat. Matthew Shipp
- Dave Burrell
- Decoy Trio (Alexander Hawkins, John Edwards e Steve Noble) con Evan Parker
- Tiziano Tononi con Daniele Cavallanti & The Brooklyn Express with Herb Robertson e Joe Fonda
- Rosetta Trio (Stephan Crump, Liberty Ellman, Jamie Fox)
- Monkey Plot (Jan Martin Gismervik, Magnus Skavhaug Nergaard, Christian Winther)
- Ars Octet
- Pasquale Liguori e Filippo Monico
- Mr. Jazz & The Scientist of Swing
- Rob Mazurek Land of Spirals (Francesco Chiapperini, Alberto Collodel, Simone Massaron, Pasquale Mirra, Tony Cattano, Luca Pissavini, Bernardo Guerra)
- Claudio Lugo
- Potsa Lotsa Plus
- Enten Eller & Emanuele Parrini
- Multikulti (Gabriele Mitelli, Massimo Falascone, Nino Locatelli, Pasquale Mirra, Gabriele Evangelista, Paolo Botti, Cristiano Calcagnile, Dudu Kouatè)
- Barry Guy
- The Paolo Fabbri Jazz Ensemble
- Boris Savoldelli
- Fire! Orchestra
- Nicola Fazzini & Luca Colussi + Francois Houle e Samuel Blaser
- Alessandro Fedrigo
- Melt Yourself Down
- Hyper Trio + Francois Houle e Samuel Blaser
- Dedalo Swing & Claudio “Wally” Allifranchini